Saturday, January 10, 2004

Last night I drove with my new girlfriend, Trisha, out to Shelton (aka "Christmas Town, USA due to their massive Christmas tree industry). Trisha grew up there and took me to her favorite bars. The Pine Tree Tavern had karoake so we stayed and drank a few. I sang an impressive version of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire" and a sad one of "All Shook Up" by Elvis Presley. We had a good time.

And speaking of Elvis, tonight we're going to see a movie about Elvis impersonators at Capitol Theatre. After the movie we'll get a live performance by the new World Champion Elvis Impersonator: Robert Washington. Mr. Washington is the first black man to ever receive these honors.

By the way, I earned $105 yesterday insulating and sheet-rocking for some friends. Afterwards I had dinner with my ex-girlfriend, Jen Grady, and her boyfriend, Quinn, who's a really nice guy.

No comments: