Monday, January 12, 2004

I have been busily attempting to set up my "2004 West Coast Tour" today. Do you know how difficult it is to make people take a "rapping cowboy" seriously? For instance, here's one response I received:

"And so I think 'guuaaahhhuuuuuggghhhh', a RAPPING COWBOY?! What a mess. Sounds like something that only a few of his friends might appreciate. But then I listen to your song, and there's no rapping at all, and the song's actually pretty good. What are you trying to pull here?"

My reply was a desperate attempt to be accepted. Quoth the ragged raven:

"Well, my albums sorta swing back and forth like a pendulum. The project I'm finishing up now is all rap w/ dj, etc. But the one before that was more country/folk. The one before that was old-school rap with beatbox. But the one before that was cowboy ballads. You get the point. It's a medical condition I have..." and etc.

But, gentle readers, does that actually explain "the monster" any better?!

This, my friends, is the cross I must bear... forevermore, forevermore.

No comments: