Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Before leaving the Twin Cities I stocked up on used cds. See rankings below (from most to least favorite).

1) The Best of Nina Simone / I didn't know what I'd been missing.

2) Tupac: Me Against the World / Even with the last five songs ruined from skipping problems, this cd is amazing.

3) India.Arie: Acoustic Soul / Great!

4) Musiq Soulchild: Aijuswanaseing / Musiq's debut. He's my favorite neo-soul voice outside of D'Angelo.

5) Randy Travis: Greatest Hits 1 / Grows on ya after a few listens, but kinda boring.

6) The Tony Rich Project: Words / Mid-nineties R & B. So-so.

7) Kanye West: The College Dropout / I'd heard good reviews, but I thought it was weak.
------------------
To hear a minimal, casio, peyote-inspired, Comanche song click here.

Tomorrow morning I start the curatorship.

No comments: