Monday, April 20, 2009

Last night's hootenanny at the Eagles Hall in Mandan was a good time. Bismarck/Mandan is showing lots of enthusiasm for rock shows lately.

Much of this has to do with my pal Elija, who diligently organizes and promotes shows. He's a musician, too. His new band, The Vexed, played a blistering set to end the evening.

I performed just before them. Although my set was off-kilter, the youthful crowd was kind. I dressed up as a pirate for this show. Another novel twist was a toy marshmallow roaster, with two sticks and a bag of marshmallows provided for audience use.

Before me, Romanteek, a fab five-piece band from Olympia, WA, enchanted the audience with uplifting dance jams. You might like to listen to them here. I've known the members of Romanteek for years, and it was awesome to catch up.

When the show ended Greta, Matt, Heather, Ian, Ira, and I drove to Killdeer for a slumber party at my parent's house. They left this morning for Bozeman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dressed as a pirate? That must have added a new dimension to the show. Any photos?

Flying Mermaid said...

Digging the band, thanks.

Chris Sand said...

No pirate pics, sorry.