Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I pulled carpet all day and I'm so tired. Earned $93. I hope the IRS doesn't read my journal. Which reminds me...

I had a dream last night that Ronald Reagan was president again and he got busted siphoning U.S. tax money into his personal checking account. It was in all the newspapers and talk-shows and impeachment seemed inevitable. The next day, however, Ronnie came out with a State of the Union address railing against any American who might find it unfair that the President of the U.S.A., "the man with the most responsibility in the world", should have to account for a ridiculous discrepency such as this. He argued, "My doctor makes more money per year than I do, and I'm the leader of the friggin' free world!" Before nightfall 75% of all Americans had come to the conclusion that he was right and, ashamed, we again fell in love with this good, smart, leader of men who refused to buckle under pressure. His ratings sky-rocketed. Needless to say, I was flabbergasted and felt a little dizzy, and had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. It was a relief to wake up and realize that it had only been a bad dream.

No comments: