Monday, August 08, 2005

Today was spent cleaning out my house. I may also refer to this house as Watership Down-- named after the book about rabbits, since there are so many of them living there.

I continue to find interesting curios inside it. Take for instance this strange Polaroid I found on top of the Victrola. Reminds me of The Blair Witch Project.


The house is completely furnished! Every drawer, cupboard, cabinet, and closet holds interesting knick knacks to explore. My goal is to to not replace anything unless it's a necessity. For instance, I'll use up his stock of unopened Irish Spring bars of soap until I need a new bar. I'll clean out his pepper grinder instead of buying a new one. I'll use up his coal before cutting wood for my stove. I'll fix, recycle, and scrub my way to a new old house.

I will not steal his identity, though. I'm like the dodo bird who may appropriate their nest, but not their species. I remain a dodo. A bobo. Practically a squatter! Some creatures like to build up from thin air. I use what's there.

9 comments:

jawcey said...

very nice (other than the mysterious eerie polaroid - although intriguing). until i adopt and recycle myself, i may live vicariously through you - congrats on day one!

Anonymous said...

I think soap expires. Didn't you say he died about 10 years ago. Plus pepper gets old. Its a big commitment to finish someone's life for them.

Chris Sand said...

I will not only finish his life, I will finish your life.

Chris Sand said...

I will not only finish his life, I will have his child.

Chris Sand said...

I will not only finish his life, I will find a Finnish wife.

Chris Sand said...

I'm back-sliding.

Anonymous said...

For you and your finnish (?) wifes sake I would suggest finding out if soap expires.

Anonymous said...

if it lathers, it didn't expire.

Anonymous said...

besides-- it's irish spring-- that stuff can't expire.