Friday, March 30, 2007

I don't understand why more people don't move out to western North Dakota and plant roots. What's everyone skeered of? If I was Dunn County's Tourism Director, this might be my pitch:

Dunn County is a potential paradise for anyone who likes the idea of building and being part of a community. Take, for instance, tonight's Annual Walleye Fish Fry at the Buckskin in Killdeer. For $10 one can gorge on Lake Sakakawea's tastiest pike, 15 different kinds of salad, homemade desserts, and more. We've got steak fries, pow wows, quilting bees, and rodeos. Quality homes can be bought for less than 50 grand. We've got mountains, rivers, lakes, and badlands. Traffic is minimal, living is affordable, the scenery is incredible, and people are hospitable. Plus, I live here. We could really make something happen, Kid. Give it a thought. Dunn is #1.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Chris Sand said...

Oh, come on now . . . where's yr western hospitality?

Anonymous said...

You should hang out with me pa...He is the tourism director for Mckenzie County. BTW, I agree with you completely.