Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hedonism. 2007 is off to a fun start. And seven is a good number, I think. A lucky number.

The last few shows in the Northwest have been great. All but one pair of cowboy boots have sold, and my stock of CDs, shirts, and pillow cases are rapidly going, too. The New Year's show on Orcas Island was notable for many reasons. The best part was that they hooked Sarah and me up with a cabin for two nights and lots of gourmet food and libations.

Last night I played in Anacortes at the Department of Safety with Dennis Driscoll and one of my favorite bands--D+. The place was packed (thanks Bret and DoS!). After a rocky start I found my groove. Lots of little kids were in the audience, which always makes me happy. One 12-year-old named Willow had "Scapegoat Song" memorized.

Tonight's show is at the ABC House in Olympia with Calvin Johnson and Froseph. Tomorrow's is in Portland. Today's Portland Tribune had a sweet little article on the show, and they used a picture that Sarah took last week. I look a little surly and burly, it's true. I haven't shaved in a month.

No comments: