Tuesday, March 18, 2003

Today was like any other day except for the chocolate-barf-contest. I awoke late and had my first meal at noon in West Hollywood with my ol' pal Andras Jones. We had yummy, cheap sushi and then drove to his movie-/rock-star comedian, ex-roommate Andy Dick's house. Andy is perhaps the most famous person I've spent time with until this date-- good guy, too. I helped him and Andras begin writing a song called "I Suck". I'm sure a web-search would come up with something on him if you haven't heard of him yet; probably www.andydick.com. Tonight I spent a little time with my former Olympia friend, Yolanda, at a bar called Akbar.

I'll now catch you up on the last few days, so listen closely with your eyes...

The San Luis Obispo show was pretty lame because I didn't have a p.a. system and thus no one could really hear me. I did sell three shirts for a total of $20, but no CDs. I slept in my car that night on a cliff overlooking a field. All night the rain pissed and the wind rocked Joe while I tried to sleep. In the morning cows were practically swimming through the pasture below-- a surreal scene. I drove back to Linnae's Cafe for my promised, free breakfast and then headed south to L.A. Once in Hollywood I was forced to get drenched to the bone in an attempt to unload my car at my friend's Andy and Sarah's house. Apparently that rainstorm was the second wettest 24-hr. downpour in L.A.'s recorded history. That night Andy and Sarah took me to two house parties. Both were small but I ended up selling over $200 worth of CDs which helped make up for the previous two shows. My friend Sharzhad came out for the second show! I love seeing old pals as I ramble 'round the World. It's especially good to hang out with Andy and Sarah as they are so loving and welcoming to me each time we reconnect. Yesterday Andy and I climbed the Hollywood hills. Later Sarah joined us and we drove to Venice Beach for clam chowder and waves and sand...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really.