Sunday, March 30, 2003

Southbound again... I'm about to roll out of Missouri and pay a visit to my old home: Music City, USA (aka Nashville)! My stay in Columbia was good. The show at Central Tap went really well as lots of people came and let themselves be captivated and bought my merch. I traded sets with a New York folk-singer named Greg Klymer-- we swapped road stories and found out we knew some of the same people. The owners at Central Pat were enthusiastic about bringing me back. Columbia is filled with great potential venues and is a funky, progressive town in a myriad of ways. I wouldn't even mind living there for a while. Elise, Ben, and River treated me kindly and I met many of their wonderful friends. This morning I got a much-needed massage from a healer named Ana Duff and last night had pizza with a fellow named Terry who plans to come to Olympia in June and play a show. He's just out of high-school and is in love with the K records scene.

What else? I'm a little under the weather, perhaps because the weather has been cold. It snowed a little yesterday, but today the sun came out I feel ready to drive.

No comments: