Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Tonight I will sleep in my $1000 house for the first time this year. I will ignite the propane heat and dream about dust bowls and Studebakers.

This pic of my abode is from the 1920's when it resided ten miles north of Dunn Center. It was relocated to Dunn Center in 1952. Everything about it is pretty much the same--even the porch. The two girls are Olga and Emma. Olga (the taller of the two) passed away in 1981. Emma, below, is 84 and lives in South Dakota.

Many thanks to Darrel Goth (Emma's son) for sending me these pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sure would have liked to see the picture

Anonymous said...

how about yoga for the old sandman?

Anonymous said...

How was it relocated? By twister? By flat bed? Board by board? Mystery...

Chris Sand said...

Flat bed I think.

Yoga?