Saturday, April 24, 2004

I'm in Madison, Wisconsin! Ivan and I have played two shows together so far and both have been good. After leaving my folks' place on Thursday morning (with a full belly of french toast and eggs), I drove fourteen hours to Winona, Minnesota. The drive was grueling and I was shaky as I took the stage at the Green Lantern. Ivan was just finishing his set so I didn't have much time to rest or prepare, but my delirium fit the mood of the venue and due to the enthusiastic crowd response I ended up playing two sets, and afterwards sold lots of merch. We crashed at Samuel's pad and the next morning I transferred all my things into Ivan's parents' black Taurus stationwagon. I bade somber farewell to "Joe" and left the key with Alex so he could park it in his parent's garage for the next seven weeks.

Last night we journeyed to Milwaukee where I'd never been and rocked a college coffee-house with Charlemagne. We didn't make too much money there, but someone now owns a "Sandman" pillow-case that didn't before and another person has a CD.

By the way, I haven't been wearing my cowboy hat at these shows. It just doesn't feel right for some reason...

No comments: