Saturday, March 24, 2012

I couldn't help but notice that today's Missoulian front page picture closely resembles the Nikki McClure cover art for my record Chemicals in the Wheat.

Similar, right?

Better examples of synchronicity can be found in the brand-spankin' new book by my longtime friend Andras Jones,  Accidental Initiations.

If you're acquainted with Andras, you might know about his Radio8Ball Show, his acting resume, his music catalogue, or that he's not afraid of confrontation and controversy.  His no-holds-barred attitude and mystical swagger upsets the timid and/or prudish among us, including me at times.

If you want a true portrait of Andras, though, and his unique interpretation of Olympia, don't be afraid to take off your shoes and join him on the mossy little adventure that is his book.  From what I've read of it so far via his blog, it's going to be an excellent debut.  We might hate it, but we won't be bored, and that's how I define great Rock & Roll.

Way to go, A.J.!  I hope you sell a million copies.

No comments: