Friday, July 24, 2009

Three freaky, close-to-home occurrences recently happened in quick succession that make me wonder if a hellhound might not be on my trail:

1. Lightning struck a tree in the backyard of where I was staying and shredded it like raw chicken. It also traumatized two dogs and destroyed the house's wireless router.

2. While driving south from Tacoma on the I-5, a wheel off the big rig in front of me zinged off its axle and zanged downhill at 80 mph, across four lanes of traffic. It broke off a highway sign in the median as it went and barely avoided causing multiple wrecks. The last thing I saw of this satanic tire was when it hit the northbound's outside guard rail and popped fifty feet into the sky over some trees and into the void.

3. Dickinson, ND, the nearest sizable town to where I live, got hammered by a tornado on July 8th. Damage is estimated at $20 million. To see a YouTube video of the twister's aftermath (featuring an odd Michael Jackson soundtrack) click here.

2 comments:

Flying Mermaid said...

If I had to pick one to see, I think it'd have to be the rogue wheel -- dang!

Charlene said...

Great comment by the Mermaid. I was kind of thinking the same. Although, I also think that there's been way too many hazardous situations you've had to view. Dang!