Tuesday, July 12, 2005

My friend/neighbor Margi has had an incredible month. She just got engaged to a boyfriend she hasn't seen in fourteen years! It's a long story but tonight she brought him over for dinner. Steve's a professional golf caddy from Monterrey, CA. I hope to get some tips from him one of these afternoons before he leaves. Killdeer, believe it or not, has a little mosquito infested golf course.

Yesterday Dad and I almost finished putting the metal roofing on G & G's home. Later in the evening Uncle Chris, my grandpa's 88-yr-old brother, got rushed to the emergency room. X-rays confirm he's got a bad case of lung cancer. The tumor's positioned next to the heart. He may not have too many more days left.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Uncle. Are you his namesake?

Anonymous said...

Not exactly. Chrises or Christophers or Christs or Christiannes just run in the Sand family. I'm the first "Christopher."

Anonymous said...

my heart goes out to uncle chris and the rest of your family. i wish you all the ability to appreciate and say what you love to each other.