Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I've become a beast. I think I need a couple days in a cabin in Switzerland to fast, pray, and stretch. Somewhere with fat berries and fresh water. It wouldn't be exactly fasting, I guess. Make it a week in Kauai or Costa Rica.

One good thing is I've moved into my parents' basement where it stays cooler. I've got tunes, too. A couple weeks ago I found a record player at a garage sale for $5. I've been searching for a self-contained unit for years and now I've got one. It's probably from the late 60's and it sounds and looks great. I have so many records that I haven't listened to since the mid-80's; now's the time. Prince, Springsteen, Isley Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell, Muddy Waters, Merle Haggard, George Jones, Marvin Gaye, Utah Phillips, John Prine, Joan Armatrading, Mahalia Jackson, Willie Nelson, etc.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fat berries and fresh water? check out the boundary waters, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Will I see you tomorrow?

Kirby

Anonymous said...

Kirb,

Yeah, but late. I have to work until 4 pm. Save some food!

-Chris