Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Hi. I'm in Asheville, NC. Last night I was in Black Mountain, NC for a wild show at The Town Pump. All sorts of crazy characters showed up and seemed to like me just fine. They paid me $65 and I was given a place to stay by Camo's old girlfriend, Kendra, who I've been hearing about for seven years now. This morning I slept in and eventually made it to the house of Bryan, Brigit, Stephanie, Wilde, Parker, and as of yesterday morning, Wise Emmet Freeborn, who just hatched!! He's a long-limbed little mammal with a twinkle in his eye. It was good to meet his beautiful sister, Wilde, who was born two years ago, too. My old friend, Sierra, flew out from Colorado to help out as did many of Bryan and Brigit's relatives, so needless to say it is a busy household. They're all asleep now as I type this. Soon I'll head back to Kendra's. Earlier this evening Sierra and I hit up the Grey Eagle open mic which was a good time. There's a lot of talent in these hills, that's for sure.

I played two shows in Nashville that I haven't mentioned yet. They both helped to earn me some more rent money. A special treat was running into my old friend, Matt Steinke, who played at the Red Rose Cafe in Murfreesboro before my set with Baby Stout. He's married now and creates musical robots.

My stay with Camo and Asher was a gift. I love those guys. We played takraw (a Siamese wicker ball is used as a hackey-sack), watched movies, reminisced about the Workhorses of Yesteryear, and talked about various women we love. Rapping along with Camo's beatbox was a highlight, too.

I'd better be gettin' on home now. G'night.

No comments: