Thursday, February 20, 2003

My friend Alex has agreed to help me out for a couple days as I need it. Today we're at Evergreen attempting to dub CDs, but the computers aren't cooperating. My head's a hurricane of last-minute ideas and worries, but I shall perservere. It helps to have Alex to bounce ideas off of.

I won $5 at the poker table last night. This morning I got together with my old bandmates from the last century, Chad Austinson and Carl Dexter, and we worked out 5 or 6 songs for the big Saturday show. It was the first time I've ever felt like a musical veteran, which is actually a good thing. We can still rock! It'd be nice to have Camo in the mix, but that day will soon come. The Evergreen newspaper reviewed my The Long Ride Home today. The reviewer liked it. She was "tickled and a bit touched" and wrote that it reminds her of "the art house and street corner, refusing to be relegated to the stereotypical packaging of the fatted US music industry." It's not the greatest quote, but I'll take it!

No comments: