Thursday, November 02, 2006

Food tastes better when one camps out, and camping is basically what I'm doing in my new home. A normal tomato, for instance, seems like a delicacy when sliced onto a hot buttered biscuit. I wake up at 6:30 a.m. and listen to news stories on National Public Radio before getting out of bed. Tea becomes more than tea; it warms your hands and gives inspiration. I might grow a beard. I think that a long-necked pipe for tobacco would suit my new lifestyle, too, as well as a penny whistle, bird feeder, and ceramic bowl filled with garlic and oranges.

P.S. Alice, of Alice's Restaurant, read yesterday's blog and felt sad for me that I was eating so many bugs. She invited me over for chili and rhubarb cake at noon today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your new self and new digs sound totally delightful. Minus the pipe of course which could give you stinky breath.

Anonymous said...

not to mention cancer

Anonymous said...

I think pipe smoke smells wonderful. Why drag the cancer word across a delightful exchange like this?

Anonymous said...

I think pipe smoke smells wonderful, especially on a cold day. Why drag the cancer word into a delighful exchange such as this?