Thursday, August 10, 2006


Above: Aunt Jo spreading Great Uncle Chris' ashes upon his mother Clara's long abandoned garden spot, above Wolf Creek. Clara Sand died in 1921, still in her 20s.


Last night I held a little hand
So dainty & so neat
I thought my heart would surely burst
So wildly did it beat
No other hand I've held so tight
Could greater pleasure bring
Than that little hand I held last night
Four aces & and a king


(I recited this poem yesterday in Great Uncle Chris' honor. It was his favorite.)


Great Grandpa Christ Sand's Wolf Point tombstone. I was lucky enough to meet him once in 1971.


Grandpa surveying the land where he and his brothers were born and raised, seventeen miles north of Wolf Point, along Wolf Creek.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It brings tears to my eyes Chris. Thanks for sharing. Love you.

Jen

Anonymous said...

you have a beauty to your words, the way your thoughts flow. I am sorry for your loss and I am sure heaven is greatfull for there gain.