Saturday, June 21, 2003

Oh journal, I've missed you. I've been recording my latest cd and hangin' out with my cousin, Kirby. As for the new cd, it's almost complete! Shawn's been working overtime to help me produce it and it sounds amazing. I haven't come up with a title for it yet, but the contenders are: 1) Spermalicious: A Year in the Life of Slippery G. 2) The Revolution Will Be Sexualized and 3) Another Side of Bob Dylan. I'm not jokin'. The only song that's not finished (or started) is one where I try to seduce Cindy Wonderful and get rejected. You're all gonna love this thing.

My pops sent me this article my Grandpa wrote last week about horses and I copied a couple paragraphs that I found interesting:

"Freedom is fundamental for me in assessing my own devotion to horsemanship. Even to this day when my years have added up to four score and more, I can ride to the top of the highest butte, race across the flats, jump washouts, and even swim some rivers if I wanted to. This kind of freedom, I cherish greatly, and I owe to my horses."

"We claim we are Cowboy Country. At the last two 4th of July parades in Killdeer, there were not enough horses entered to
wrangle the milk cows. Good horseman, and, most unfortunately comely and very capable horsewomen and girls - all in street clothes, watching the parade go on without them. Lots of good horses had to stay at home and not be seen and appreciated."

Bob Sand, guest writer for this month's Dunn Center Herald (North Dakota)

No comments: