Wednesday, June 25, 2003

Alas, my amazing winning streak in poker has ended. It had to happen sooner or later. I have only myself to blame as I broke my three cardinal rules to card-playing (which must remain a secret, for now). This, of course, nullified my secret, luck-enhancer (which also can't be spoken of, at this time). I was up $20 for the first hour, but then the fellas decided to craftily switch the game around to no-limit Texas Hold 'em, and within forty minutes I'd lost everything I'd won including the $20 I'd bought in for. All is ruined; my empire has crashed around me. Hee, hee.

Here's a morale-boosting quote from a woman in Nashville who wrote today:

"Most of the bands/musicians I k'now are so focused on representing themselves the way they want to be seen that they lose track of what they set out to do... I don't get that from you. I think you're real. I, also, don't see many that are willing to traverse musical genres in order to create a well rounded song/album- it's all about the target audience to most folks..."

Okay, I feel better now. What about this for a title for the new cd: A Year in the Life of the Magical, Wonderful, Quite Wealthy, Middle-Aged American Business-man Known to His Servants and Mistresses as... Slippery Goodstuff!

No comments: