Sunday, June 08, 2003

I recently received an email requesting a summary of the show I played with Chris Cunningham and Jen Grady at the Gallatin Gateway Inn, near Bozeman, Montana. I plan to recount all of the shows, but I might as well start with that one. I began the day in my grandparent's bunkhouse located in the beautiful Killdeer Mountains of western North Dakota. My Dad currently lives there and my mum is in the process of moving there. She joined my westward ride (and fed me and paid for gas!). We arrived at the show and I collapsed on the grass for ten minutes before going in to meet Chris. It was a long, hot drive. Mr. Cunningham greeted us warmly and I joined him and his friends for dinner. Soon after Jen Grady arrived with her wonderful aunt, uncle and cousins who live in Big Sky. Jen and I have had a stormy, scary, passionate, on-again/off-again relationship for the last fourteen months and it was good and challenging to see and hear her again. Our farewell that evening didn't turn out too friendly but I think that deep down we still care for and admire each other. At least I do her. She sure can sing and play guitar, too! Her bevy of new songs, by the way, are her best yet.

As for Chris Cunningham, he's a master musician as well as a gentleman. He pulled in a great local audience and then gave us most the money! (to be continued)-- poker time! (poker update: I lost $2.00 which is actually a huge leap from the negative $34.00 from Thursday's game. I figure at this rate I'll be out of credit card debt by October.)

No comments: