Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My first two days back at Dunn County Historical Museum have been busy. I'm setting up a St. Patrick's Day event for the Museum; assembling our sixteen-page quarterly newsletter, "Tales & Trails"; reconnecting and brainstorming with Museum Committee members; catching up with emails and phone calls; designing a Museum website; and shoveling snow and ice. Coffee is my best friend this week. I've got a good life, though, no question. And in the evening I read. The current book I'm digesting is Barack Obama's The Audacity of Hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading the Obama book too. I wrote to him regarding his comment on (pg. 97 - I think)the Greek governments being the only ones for the Founding Fathers to look to for any type of organized government. I stand to differ and referred him to The Forgotten Founders by Bruce E. Johansen (check it out - it is published on the web) - how the Iroquois Confederacy governed wtih representatives and Ben Franklin hung out with them quite a bit. Our democracy is most likely modeled after that. Other than that piece - I like the book - I like Barrack Obama too. - Obama for President!

Hey- great house! I like ND. I grew up there - lived there for 32 years. Now I live in MT and work with your mom at SKC.

Anonymous said...

Sandman,

Speaking of Obama, when are you coming back to Illinois? There are some loyal fans in the Champaign-Urbana, Bloomington-Normal area that would love to see you live sometime.

Peace,
Illinois fan