Thursday, December 23, 2004

The letters keep coming. Here's one from today:
-----------
Wow,

I just received a copy of ‘the long ride home’. Once in a while you find something that you really needed. It’s one of those things that are not worth describing because words really won’t do it any justice.

I’ve been going through one of those really unfun transitional periods. Recently things have gotten worse (some strange streak of crap-luck). Ironically I’ll be starting my own long ride home soon. I don’t quite know how to feel about it… all I can really acknowledge is the fact that I’ll be around the ones who love and support me again.

At any rate, the song I’m completely glued to is ‘Christ-bearer’s blues’; I can’t get enough of it! It’s exactly what I needed.

Thanks

r______
------------

I think it's a good excercise for us artists to document fan-mail; kind words keep us going when the rest of society appears cyncial, or uninterested. It's obviously not the paycheck that has kept me going all these years. Thank you to everyone who has shown me appreciation as a musician--it's meant a lot.

No comments: