Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Hi, Everyone,

Chris Sand here, aka Sandman, aka Montana's Rappin' Cowboy. Many of you are my friends and family and some others of you are fans that have signed past mailing lists as I rolled through your hobo camps, gambling halls, opium dens, and bordellos. In fact it was in these houses of ill repute that I honed my skills as a writer of bawdy lyrics. In Spokane, Washington, at a drop-in Gamblers Anonymous meeting, I ran into a fellow whose life experiences were unlike any I've ever encountered. We immediately struck up a great and lasting bond. His name was George Hamilton Small. With the collaborative help of producer, Shawn "Nerviz" Parke, I've created a cd documenting his meteoric rise and fall as a self-made sperm baron.

This parental-advisory-stickered hip hop album is titled A Year in the Life of Slippery Goodstuff. It's my favorite creation to date and also the most affordable. I've realized I can reach my goal of selling 10,000 copies by New Year’s Day, 2005, more quickly if I drop the price to $10, so that's what I've decided to do. And if you choose to purchase more than one, future copies will only cost $6. For ten or more the price drops again, to $5 each. Hopefully you’ll find that it’s the perfectly priced holiday or birthday gift.

A Year in the Life of Slippery Goodstuff is real old-school hip hop. Besides the incredible beats laid down by Nerviz, it features the turn-tablism of Blandow Charismium and many and varied back-up vocal cameos by such Northwest indie-rock luminaries as Anna Oxygen, Khaela Maricich, Cindy Wonderful, Sarah Adorable, Susan Ploetz, and Jen Grady.

Here are a few of the unsolicited responses the album has received so far:

"Chris, Camo played the Slippery G tracks that you sent him to me and Asher last night. All I can say is, Holy sh*t!!! We were blown away. It hurt my face from laughing so much. Your falsetto singing was incredible... I can totally see this becoming an album like the Beastie Boys first one, the kind that everybody listens to so much they memorize all the words. Never heard anything like it, but it's perfectly you, my man! I'm saying DAMN, it is f***ing astonishing!!! Keep on!" Giles O'Dell, (Florida)

"I've listened to Slippery Goodstuff several more times, enjoying it more every time, and paying more attention to the story line. Although I can understand how your listeners might get err... distracted. In any case I'm a big fan of your epic tale and the postmodern hero/cowboy Slippery
Goodstuff."
Elle in Winona, MN

"Chris, we got the Slippery c.d. I sat down and listened to it today. I think it's . . . shocking, crass, blatantly sexual, funny, poignant, brave, smart, and musically delightful. . . The women's voices are beautiful and work perfectly with yours. . . I don't know who I can ever share this c.d. with, but I look forward to listening to it again [with the volume turned quite low in this thin-walled apartment complex :-)]." Love, Mom (North Dakota)

Here's all you have to do to order one or more copies:

Email me. My address is rappincowboy@hotmail.com.
Or send check or money order to: Chris Sand/ 105 N. Sherman/ Olympia, WA 98502. Include your return address and a note letting me know which cds you want, and how many.

$10 for the first A Year in the Life of Slippery Goodstuff (plus $2 shipping).

$6 for each additional (add 25 cents for shipping per copy).

If you order before Christmas, I'll include my beautiful April-released, folk album The Long Ride Home (Knw-Yr-Own Records) for $8 postage-paid. To save plastic and expense I did away with jewel-cases on this edition and instead use attractive handmade cd-sleeves.

Or you might rather own...

Oil Grab, which is a very popular seven-song, anti-war compilation which features two more of my raps: "The Senator Strikes Back (Sand vs. Bush)" and "The Scapegoat Song". If ordered along with a Slippery cd you can have it for $7 postage-paid. Or perhaps you crave…

The classic 1997 release, Love’s Hangover Sale, for $12 postage-paid-- (or all three for $25 if ordered along with A Year in the Life of Slippery Goodstuff!!)

Time is of the essence. I hope to hear from you soon ; ).

Sincerely, Chris "Sandman" Sand
(www.rappincowboy.com)

No comments: