Sunday, April 08, 2012

From the cab of a white Kenworth semi, I watched a giant orange, oblong moon rise over the eastern Montana horizon this morning. Its size and shape caught me off guard--it looked like a swollen
star from some 70's sci-fi movie.

After spending the last five days helping deliver live fish to Toronto and Calgary via Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, etc., I touched down this morning back in Killdeer, ND. Had just enough time for Easter dinner with Mom, Pops, and Grandma.  In thirty minutes I do the same drive again. Ten thousand miles in about ten days.

This is my creative way of paying bills--short spurts of long pay.   It's how I avoid the 9-to-5.

I sure miss Hana and Stevie, though. I can geek out staring at cell-phone pics of my daughter for minutes at a time. Stevie is, undoubtedly, the most fascinating, magical little gal on the planet. I'll never be able to endure steady long-haul driving again. Just now and then. Just now and then.

1 comment:

Flying Mermaid said...

Must be so hard to be gone!

XX