Monday, November 22, 2010

I hate to say this but I've hit a creative wall. I'm not inspired to write, play, practice, set up shows, or blog.

All I want to do is find a natural hot spring somewhere in Utah or Mexico and soak. That's what it's coming down to. Hot water. In the earth. That smells like rotten eggs.

The last show I played would be the absolute perfect one to go out on. Let me set the scene. I'm joined by my long-time drummer Garf. We're performing on the main stage of Capitol Theater in Olympia, WA. It's filled with hundreds of dear friends and their kids. My final song, before two encores, is "The Illness"--a depressing dirge about the end of the world. As we kick into it, dozens of children rush the stage with large red balloons and start dancing and frolicking with utter joy and abandon. It was surreal, and also very beautiful.

I ask myself, "what now"?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get yer game face on fer 2011 Sandman, were countin on ya....

Flying Mermaid said...

Yup, sounds like ya might as well just die now! Or we could throw rotten eggs. Feel you, though -- I, too, seem to have lost the need to express. And hot springs sounds perfect.

Anonymous said...

Slippery...come back to me.

Anonymous said...

If that's what you need, go for it! Sounds like perfect timing for a break.

jsl said...

i agree. follow your heart. hope all is well with you guys.