Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm supposed to be on a mini Minnesota/Wisconsin music tour right now. I found out two days ago, however, that my cousin Rodger died, so I cancelled all three shows, including tonight's set at Winona's Boats & Bluegrass Festival. (Sincere apologies, Tom).

Rodger was more an uncle than a cousin, due to his age. He was a great, sweet guy, and as real a cowboy and man as you can get. His only son, Justin, takes after him in all those ways. Justin is getting married in Killdeer tomorrow to beautiful Sarah Jane Koenigshof.


R.I.P. Rodger Nupen (1947-2008)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the sweet things you wrote about uncle Roger. He was a GREAT GREAT man.John Wayne could have taken lessons from him on cowboy logic. Ha HA
He will be missed so much! He made a huge impact on every thing in my life!
Love ya,
cousin Jane