Sunday, March 16, 2008

Letter of the Day:
Chris,

I love your music and listen to it all the time. I had been a songwriter all through high school and college and made my own albums and all that but had pretty much given up on writing anymore, thinking that everything I did all sounded the same and had been done. Then I discovered your music and Shel Silverstein and realized how much stuff there still was to write about and how I had just taken everything way too seriously.

The other day I gave some of your songs to a friend who was going through a very rough time. She said that everyone had an opinion for how she ought to live her life. I told her that my opinion was that she needed to listen to Sandman. She did and loved it but her little brother stole the CD from her.

Anyway, you are great, keep it up...

-John

No comments: