Thursday, January 20, 2005

Today was filled with feelings of frustration. I drove to Dickinson this morning with Dad, to get a chiropractic adjustment. I spent the early afternoon in Dunn Center working with Grandpa in the round corral with Dude. Dude's the same age as Peanut (six) but taller and a better walker. Thus far, though, I jive with Peanut better. Peanut reminds me of 319 Joe--scrappy and quirky somehow. They're both nut cases like me, maybe. My fingers about froze off during my time there. Five hours later they're still tingling. Today got icky cold, but the hoar frost covering all the trees is pretty.

My frustrations have to do with other things: credit card defaultment, job confusion, presidential inaugurations, loneliness, cell phone static, back pains, music touring road blocks, dry feet, cabin fever. But I remain hopeful anyhow. As somebody once wrote: "No matter how long the winter, spring always comes." I need to surrender to the grayness for a while. One more day at least.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, wait a minute... wasn't it you that wrote that about spring's return?

Chris Sand said...

Yeah, but I wasn't the first.

Anonymous said...

I'm an aging beautiful alcoholic cow-girl, want to dance?
Rhetta from Bismark

Chris Sand said...

Don't know how to.

Anonymous said...

anna karenina sez - i don't dance when it's possible not to dance.
so you're in good company.