Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's Madison, WI again-- my fourth show here in half a year! I was pretty sick last time, though, so hopefully tonight will redeem my last visit. Ivan Okay, whom I toured w/ last Spring, set this show up. He'll also be playing, so I'm pretty pleased about that. I'm at the University of Wisconsin library right now. Earlier today, John Kerry was on campus stumping with Bruce Springsteen, who played a couple songs. Stephan and I missed it.

Yesterday was cool. I got to be on a panel called Peace, Patriotism, and Dissent: Democracy in the Balance at Harper College. I performed "Scapegoat Song" and got to talk a little about the role scapegoating plays in regards to imperialism and murder-- currently and historically. How whimsical, eh?! Jeepers, I'm ready for a vacation in Oahu... I think we all are. This election season is a soul-sucker. I'm seriously considering only singing Bobby McFerrin's "Don't Worry, Be Happy" tonight and then offering free erotic massages to whomever buys a pillow case or cd.

P.S. Eminem's new anti-war video is online: http://www.gnn.tv/content/emosh_hi.html. For better or worse, he's our generation's Bob Dylan. I'm filled with both admiration and loathing. He wears his RAGE like a chainsaw head-band and bleeds jewels into my father's salad. It takes hours to separate the chopped onions from the diamonds. I wish I had his money.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Is it just me or does the song fail to carry the intensity that the lyrics should inspire? I've only ever heard it when he performed it last night on snl, so maybe it was just an off night. Tried to get the video to load but it was taking too long. By the way, last night eminem was rapping over a ghost vocal track, almost surreal in the wake of the "ashlee simpson incident". Of course he won't get any grief over it because he didn't storm off the stage in embarrasment, it just struck me as very odd.

Anyway, happy Halloween Chris! Hope all is well.

Peace and love,
sloe t

Anonymous said...

the video's pretty rad, i think. i can't wait to hear the rest of the album.