Saturday, June 26, 2004

I am back in Olympia... financially ruined in all aspects. I just did a web-search for this guy "Naked Cowboy" who people sporadically confused me for on this tour. It wasn't the buff physique that disoriented them (my bow-legs are like tooth-picks if you didn't know). It was merely the name. I bring him up because my friend Trisha told me he makes over $100,000 a year from busking in New York. He looks like a dork but it would be excellent to play a show with him some day.

Here's another entertaining tidbit: A burlesque troupe called Lucky Devil Girly Show has contacted me to perform my song "Persian Den of Sin" with them when I can. They tell me that they already use it and it's been one of their big show-stoppers. All or some of them may join me for my What-the-Heck-Fest show in Anacortes in July. My ego has a chubby now. I must send off a Slippery Goodstuff cd for them to peruse for other possible dance numbers.

What I must do this next week is organize all the scraps of papers (people's addresses, stray lyrics, press-clippings) that I've collected over the course of the tour and set my mind to rest. I also deeply desire to write volumes about tour adventures with Ivan but alas that may have to wait and wait. Every day I'll write something, though, so stay tuned!

No comments: