Wednesday, May 14, 2003

Chicago is gloomy today. Last night I made it to the town of Hobart, Indiana. I spent an hour meandering the backroads in search of a cheap hotel and finally found one for $30. The last few days I have been collecting t-shirts to bring home and silk-screen and this morning I found a great Salvation Army with .84 cent shirts. I bought twelve, and two days ago in Canton I acquired around twenty more. Lil' Joe is starting to get filled up again! My old Montana friend, Julie Baker, is outside smokin' a cig-- she hooked herself and me up with a pad for the night at her friend's, Natalie and Eric's, house. Julie lives in Buffalo, NY, but took a train here yesterday to see my show tonight and visit old friends. I've known her since 7th grade! Although I have to leave for the show soon, I'll begin recounting my last few days... starting with Indiana, PA. The town of Indiana is a mid-sized college town where my 1st-cousin-once-removed, Mary Eilleen Hastings, resides, with her husband, Howard, and kids, Karel (17) and Dori (21), and cats and dog (Eddie). to be continued.

No comments: